Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Welcome to the Chicagoland Chapter of the Dar a Luz Network!

It’s been a smidgen more than two weeks since the announcement of this Chicagoland Chapter of the Dar a Luz Network, so I am happy to finally get the ball rolling.

First, let me tell you a bit about myself.

My name is Kris Rauschert. I am a Certified Birth Doula (CD-DONA®), a Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI-Loving Touch®), a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor (BPC-LLLI®) and of course, I am a proud Dar a Luz Network Leader.

Additionally, I will begin offering Lamaze® classes in the Fall of 2008, gaining certification as a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator (LCCE-Lamaze®) at the next twice-yearly certification period in April of 2009.

I am very excited to represent the Dar a Luz Network here in Chicagoland. I take a great deal of pride in helping women obtain much needed information, as well as support, they are seeking.

The next big thing for the Chicagoland Chapter of the Dar a Luz Network will be the BOLD® Red Tent Event, being held on September 19th, from 6:30pm to 8:30pm, in the gymnasium of the South Elgin Community United Methodist Church located at 400 W Spring St., South Elgin, IL 60177.

In October, the first monthly meeting of the Chicagoland Chapter of the Dar a Luz Network will take place. The date, time, location, as well as the name of our guest speaker, will be announced as soon as plans have been finalized. Please check back.

The goal of the Chicagoland Chapter of Dar a Luz Network, Inc. is to provide a warm and friendly environment that offers education and support to women before, during, and after the birth process. We are here to help.

I am always available to answer questions, offer suggestions, help you find local resources, and of course to listen. Please contact me with any questions by phone at 847.975.2464, or by email at chicagoland@daraluznetwork.com

Best Regards,
Kris Rauschert, CD-DONA, CIMI, BPC

No comments: